Click here : To Download PostalCodes / ZipCodes Database with Geo-coordinates, Offer Price Now for Just $9.99 Only !
Member Login

Mexico Zip Code

Mexico is a country which is located in the southern part of North America and the third largest country in Latin America. Mexico is famous for its spicy food and the drink culture like tequila, and also origin for chocolate. Mexico has some of the beautiful temples and beach destinations which are important for tourists to go around. Mexican culture is unique and probably one of the most fascinating cultures in the world. The traditions and customs of the Mexican people are varied and diverse [which is very different].

Land Area

Mexico covers the total land area of 1.973 million km², which has ranked 13th among other countries in the world in terms of land area. Mexico shares the border to the east by gulf of Mexico, to the south-east by Guatemala, Belize, and the Caribbean Sea, to the north by the United States, and to the south and west by the Pacific Ocean.

Water Area

Mexico contains the total of 1% of water compared to the world level water percentage, 63% of the Mexican water was extracted from surface water, such as rivers or lakes, and the remaining 37% of the water is from aquifer [An aquifer is an underground layer of water-bearing permeable rock].


There are a total of 47,539 named mountains in Mexico and only 3 mountains in Mexico elevates more than 5000 meters in which the highest mountain is pico de orizaba, which elevates up to 5610 meters.


PIN = Postal Index Number

How to find a pin code?

Each administrative division maintains its own postal code for mail delivery purposes. Having the correct code is essential to your mails delivery.

USA uses the 5 digit pin code system in which each 2 and 3 digits has different indications whihch is shown below;

  • The first 2 digits indicates the state which is located in the country
  • The last 3 digits indicates the district or locality of Mexico.

Postal Stamps

These are some of the most and commonly used Mexican stamps and there are other stamps too but these are most frequently used.

Postal and Courier service companies list

  • UPS Mexico
  • Estafeta
  • Bici city MX
  • Transpac
  • Fedex
  • Box Express
  • DHL

Mexico Postcode
Postcode type and position 5 digits to the right of the locality name, separated from the latter by a dash.

ncia 10
call talitioco
Coding method XXXXX
Address format The first two digits represent the state, the third digit represents the area and the last two digits correspond to the district, neighborhood or locality.
Examples Mr.ABCD   addressee
ncia 10    sub-office (area /street /village)
call talitioco   city (delivery post office)
XXXXX   locality - postcode
Mexico   country

About Mexico
Capital: Mexico city
Country name in local language: México
Region: Central America
International phone code: +52

Frequently asked questions (FAQ) s

  • How many postal codes does Mexico have?
    There are more than 37,635 postal codes in Mexico.
  • What is the postal code for the capital of Mexico?
    The capital city of Mexico is Mexico City and there are 658 postal codes.
  • How many digits are found in the Mexican postal code?
    There are five digits found in the Mexican postal code.
  • What is the official name of the postal service in Mexico?
    The official postal name of Mexico is the Correos de México.
  • Give the alpha three-letter country code of Mexico.
    The three-letter country code of Mexico is MEX.
  • Do all villages in Mexico have postal codes?
    All important towns and villages in Mexico have postal codes.